Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year Resolutions

Every year, like the majority of the population I attempt a resolution to inspire me to be a better person, and every year I fail.

Be it from stopping smoking, which I finally managed last year after stating that I wouldn't give up, or to try and not have a boyfriend, until I'm happier by myself, and end up having five last year.

Soi this year I've decided to have resolutions that are simpler to tackle, which requires effort, but only in a postive way. So no giving up things or people, this year my resolutions are:

1. To get in touch with friends I've lost contact with over the years. I'm extremelly bad at keeping in touch with people, especially once I've moved or changed jobs or social circles.

2. To learn/try something new every month, be it from learning Chinese, or Electronics, or going to Political meetings within my capacity as a Lib Dem member.

Although they seem quite simple, just by doing these two resolutions, I have every confidence that come next year I would have become a better person than I currently am, be it through knowledge or social interaction.